If you're renting as a group, you must join a Renter Group to finish your application. Here are two easy ways to join a Renter Group:
Through your Renter Dashboard
If you haven't signed up with Onerent, use this method to create a profile and join a renter group:
1. Start your profile clicking “Sign Up” in the top right corner of the website. You can also start by clicking “Apply Now” in the property listing.
2. Complete your profile by filling out basic information in the "General Details" section. Learn more about completing your renter profile here.
3. When you reach the "Group Details" section, select "Joining a Group."
4. Enter your Group Key. Your Group Key can be found on the Renter Dashboard of your group's first member.
5. Once you’ve joined the group, continue to strengthen your profile by uploading all your documents. You can also view the status of your application on your dashboard.
Through email or URL invitation
If you were invited by another group member, follow the steps below to join your group:
1. Check your inbox and open the invitation to join a renter group. Here's what it looks like:
2. Click on “Join Group Now," or click the URL sent to you.
3. You will be taken to a web page where you can enter your Group Key. If you clicked on the email or URL, this information will be pre-filled.
4. Select “Continue” to join the group, and start filling out your profile. Read the full instructions on How to Apply for a Property by clicking here.
Finish your application as soon as possible to get ahead of other renters. If your application has been approved by the owner, there is a service fee of $50 for each adult member of your group. This fee covers the costs of lease and payment processing. No worries though, you will only pay the service fee once you've signed the lease.
Need help with your application? Call us at (408) 597-4459. Our associates will be glad to help!