For our Leasing Only service, we will provide a habitability inspection checklist for owners to complete their own Property Walkthrough. The habitability checklist will address specific items within the home that could impact habitability as defined by state or federal law.
After completing the habitability checklist, please submit this along with property photos for your listing.
Sample Habitability checklist:
- 1 smoke detector per room*
- 1 carbon monoxide (CO) alarm per floor of the home (preferably in hallway)*
- All utilities turned on and functioning
- Gas and heat fully functioning
- Property is clean and decluttered for photos and showings (including carpets if applicable)
- All lights and light bulbs are working
- All doors and windows are operational. Open, close, and lock.
- Both hot and cold water are running throughout home
- No visible leaks under sinks or in bathrooms
- Ideally 2 copies of the front door key, but at least 1 is required
- 1 copy of all other access door keys (spider door, back door, sliding door, screen door, etc)
- At least 1 copy of any community keys or fobs (mailbox, storage, garage, gates, pool, gym, etc.)
*If your property does not have smoke detectors or CO alarms, our Field Operations team can install them for a small charge. Please check your local laws regarding requirements for smoke and CO detectors.