As per the lease that all Onerent residents sign, renters insurance is required.
If you've already purchased renter's insurance, please upload at least the first page of your policy in this form here. It is important that you do this within 30 days from the start date of your lease. If you are an existing resident who has never provided proof of insurance before, please fill out the form as soon as possible.
If you have NOT yet purchased a policy, we've integrated with Sure, Inc to provide residents with a way to easily and efficiently purchase a renter's insurance policy. Sure provides you with a custom policy from one of their partners that best fits your needs.
In order to sign up for a policy through Sure, login to your resident dashboard and follow these steps:
1. Look for the "Resident Services" tab on your dashboard or the green alert box on your primary "Rent" tab.
2. Next, look for the box labeled "Sure" and click "Setup Insurance"
3. You'll be asked a series of questions to help determine what is the best policy for your particular situation. All answers and information entered is encrypted with bank-level security from Onerent and Sure.
4. Then, you'll receive your quote based on the answers you've entered and which policy best fits your needs.
5. Finally, if you're happy with your renter's insurance policy quote, you will need to submit payment for the year's coverage via credit card.
Keep in mind that Sure only accepts annual payments for policies and you will receive an email after completing your transaction so that you can manage your renter's insurance policy, claims, and payments via the Sure mobile app.
If you have any specific questions regarding your policy or this process, please contact Sure at
Onerent is NOT selling, negotiating or soliciting this insurance product. We do not underwrite the policy.
Renters are free to choose whichever renters insurance provider/policy they would like; they DO NOT have to purchase through our partnership with Sure.