You may want to create a renter group if you are planning on renting a home with a group of people. Please note all occupants over 18 years of age must create their own rental application and be added as group members before you apply successfully to a property.
Please follow the below steps to set up your renter group on Onerent:
1. In the Application Center, click on “Complete My Profile” to build your own rental profile first and start your group’s rental application. You may refer to our help article on How to Build Your Profile to understand steps of creating your personal portion of the rental application.
2. On the third and final step of Build Your Profile labeled “Application Details,” select “Group” to create your renter group.
3. Next, complete the required fields to let us know if there are any minors under 18 years old in your group and if there will be any cosigners.
4. For the field “Expected Number of Group Members” please enter numbers of group members over 18 years old in your group.
5. Click “Submit” to complete the Build Your Profile step.
6. When the dialog pops up confirming your profile is complete, you may either continue on to Strengthen Your Profile or navigate back to your Application Center dashboard to share the group URL to join.
7. To invite others to your group, navigate to your Application Center and under the My Group section, select “Invite another applicant”
8. When the dialog pops-up, you can either enter in your co-applicant’s emails to invite them or use the “Join URL” to share with a group member to join on their own.
9. Use the + and - signs to add or remove other group members.
10. Once you’ve entered all other group members’ emails, click “Send Invitation”
11. Your group members will receive an email invite joining your renter group.
12. All group members must complete the Build Your Profile and Strengthen Your Profile steps to fully apply and qualify for the home you wish to rent.