Our Leasing Only service package includes a basic habitability check during the Property Walkthrough. The habitability check will address specific items within the home that could impact habitability as defined by state or federal law.
- 1 smoke detector per room*
- 1 carbon monoxide (CO) alarm per floor of the home (preferably in hallway)*
- All utilities turned on and functioning
- Gas and heat fully functioning
- Property is clean and decluttered for photos and showings (including carpets if applicable)
- All lights and light bulbs are working
- All doors and windows are operational. Open, close, and lock.
- Both hot and cold water are running throughout home
- No visible leaks under sinks or in bathrooms
- Ideally 2 copies of the front door key, but at least 1 is required
- 1 copy of all other access door keys (spider door, back door, sliding door, screen door, etc)
- At least 1 copy of any community keys or fobs (mailbox, storage, garage, gates, pool, gym, etc.)
*If your property does not have smoke detectors or CO alarms, our Field Operations team can install them for a small charge. Please check your local laws regarding requirements for smoke and CO detectors.